Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Three Weeks

             Tomorrow Evan will be 3 weeks old. It has been a wonderful adventure having a baby. For those of you who followed my pregnancy blog, you know the labor story. Labor was not fun, but so worth it. Evan and I have been spending the past 3 weeks just getting used to each other. We have finally gotten to a regular schedule with each other and I am able to find some time to myself to get a few things done, such as starting this blog.
              Evan is absolutely amazing, he gets cuter everyday. Most of the time he is a very good baby, he gets fussy when he's hungry or needs to be changed. I have to admit I feel like he is always eating, It makes it difficult to do things because I constantly have him attached to me. I have only been breastfeeding. Next month we will start to feed him with a bottle, we have not started bottle feeding yet because we don't want to cause nipple confusion.
              Night time has actually been really good. I keep Evan in the bed with me while I feed him. He sleeps best when I keep him next to me. I am slowly trying to get him to sleep in his cradle. Last night I was actually able to transfer him to his cradle without any issue. It's hard because he makes lots of little sounds while he sleeps and I hear them all. I constantly lay there and wonder if he's going to wake up. Most nights Evan falls asleep around 11 and sleeps until 3am, then I change his diaper and feed him, then he sleeps until 6, I change his diaper and feed him again, then he sleeps until around 10. I feel like I am getting enough sleep, I will try to take naps with Evan in the afternoons if I can.
               That is about all I have time to write for now. Evan is awake and I need to take care of him.

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to reading more!! Hope you can keep up with it in between the eating and sleeping and pooping :-) Love you Heather!! So nice to know you're enjoying motherhood. The only thing even better is being a grandma!

    ReplyDelete